Thursday, August 26, 2010

Technical Difficulties... Love 'Em!

Today I was scheduled to give a deposition, I would have to sit and answer a whole lot of unnecessary questions while under oath. Of course my soon-to-be-ex's attorney scheduled it on a day I couldn't leave work because I was the only one here and he didn't have the common courtesy to consult with myself or my attorney before scheduling a day and time.

Fortunately I have an eye for detail and noticed that he screwed up the court papers ordering the deposition. Whomever typed up his standard "copy and paste to suit current needs" form accidentally left two little words remaining which should have been deleted. Those words were "by telephone" and as insignificant as they may seem they pissed him off when I brought it to his attention 2 days ago at the hearing he cancelled. He apparently doesn't like giving 2 hour long dispositions over the telephone and seemed pretty perturbed that the only way he'd get any answers out of me today would be over the phone. Wah.

So today the phone rings at the appointed time, I answer and it is his office, the conference call has begun. In theory anyway. I could hear my attorney just fine and she could hear me, the enemy could hear the both of us just fine but we could not hear him. Every time he spoke it sounded like his phone had a loose cord, just a bunch of clicking with his voice cutting in and out. They tried 3 times, none were successful. He really wanted to interrogate me, I could hear the frustration in his intermittent voice even through the clicking. It probably didn't help any when I just started ignoring him completely and talking to my own attorney, lol. Yes, that was the highlight of my day.

Now he has to reschedule and swcnbn has to fork out more money, for which she will get nothing of any use. The saga continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment

});