Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Final "Pack and Put into Storage" Day

If all goes well, tonight is the last night that I'll spend in my house. Barring more stupidity from Wells Fargo or some oversight by the Realtors, bankers or title company I should sign the papers and turn over the keys at roughly 9 AM tomorrow (Monday) morning, about 18 hours from the time I started composing this entry.

The attic is empty, as is the basement, and the 2nd floor has been emptied and cleaned. A couple more trips to the storage facility and the first floor will be completely empty as well, then it will be time for a final cleaning. I'm pretty sick of packing, storing and cleaning, since it's just me here I've had to do everything and believe me that is no fun at all. I'll be glad when it's over and done.

I'm not sure if I'll miss the house or not, but I tend to think that I won't. There are a couple things I'll miss, like the gardens I've worked on for years and their resultant photo opportunities and wildlife, my 2nd floor patio outside the master bedroom and the large kitchen with more storage space than you could ever need but aside from those few things I have no qualms about leaving.

I'm not really sure where I'm going from here, or when and how often I'll have any internet access, so don't be surprised if I vanish for a bit. See you when I see you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

});